Free first flight to start your aviation journey
NOTE : Download and complete the additional Registration Form below to join the EAA Young Eagles Programme
You’ll receive your own user ID and password protected access to an information database containing basic essential information about aircraft and flying
- Review the training material and complete the online test
- Once you’ve passed the test, you’ll qualify for your free Young Eagles flight!
- Your Young Eagles Co-ordinator in your area will contact you to schedule a convenient time for your first flight!
You and your personal pilot will zoom through the skies!
What’s a Young Eagles flight like?
- On the ground: your pilot will explain what will happen during the flight. You’ll talk about the aeroplane, review an aeronautical chart (or map), and complete a careful “walk-around” preflight inspection of the aircraft
- Just before take off: your pilot will help you to buckle your seat belt and describe the interior of the aircraft, including the instrument panel
- In the air: the flight will probably last between 15 and 20 minutes. And, if you want, your pilot may let you take the controls!
- Back on the ground: there’s more time for you to ask questions about the flight. Your pilot will be happy to tell you more about flying and his or her particular aeroplane.
EAA Student Membership
The tools you need to reach your aviation dreams
After your Young Eagles Flight, you will receive an official Young Eagles logbook from your pilot.
You will also receive an access code for you to activate your EAA Student Membership.
It’s time to move from the right seat to the left seat. EAA South Africa has teamed up with Eltanin Aerospace Academy (Pty) Ltd and saPilot to provide you with access to a series of self-study lessons designed to provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of the academic subjects required for your Private Pilot’s Licence in order to succeed in the CAA theoretical knowledge examinations. Read more…
It’s a great way to begin your aviation journey! In addition, you’ll be included on the email list to receive Contact!, the monthly newsletter of the EAA of South Africa
You’ll be able to participate in your local EAA Chapter activities